Animal control

Animal Control

Domestic and wild animal control

The Town of Kirkland provides control services for domestic and wild animals on its territory, such as raccoons, groundhogs and skunks. The role of animal control is to resolve domestic and wild animal related problems, to conduct periodic rounds in the area and enforce By-Law No 2020-54 concerning animals. This department does not respond to requests relating to birds, squirrels, mice and other small rodents.

To call Animal control

To report a stray, captured, injured or dead animal, please contact Public Works at 514 630-2727 during regular business hours. Outside these hours, please call 514 630-1234, depending on the emergency.
To report any information or file a complaint regarding animal cruelty, please contact the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA), Montreal branch, at 514 735-2711.


Lost animal

Citizens who have lost an animal must first check with the Town of Kirkland’s Public Works Department: 514 630-2727, during regular business hours or 514 630-1234 at all times, to see if the animal has been captured. If that is not the case, they may contact:
Contrôle animal Vaudreuil-Soulanges
1269 route Harwood
J7V 8P2

The owner or guardian of an impounded cat or dog can reclaim their animal directly from the Contrôle Animal Vaudreuil-Soulanges, within three 5 days of capture and upon payment of capture and board fees.