Access to information and protection of personal information - Ville de Kirkland

Access to information and protection of personal information

Access to information and protection of personal information

The Town of Kirkland, being a public body, is subject to the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information (L.R.Q., c. A-2.1).

Access to information

The right of access to documents applies to all documents held by the public body. However, certain restrictions apply with respect to the protection of personal information, impacts on public security and administrative or political decisions. Considering the need to protect personal information, please note that, for non-public documents, you must get the person’s or the property owner’s prior consent before the Town can agree to give you access to their file.

The request may be made in writing or orally, but only a decision on a written request may be reviewed by the Commission d’accès à l’information. The access to documents request is free. There may, however, be fees for photocopying documents.

Submitting a request for access to information

A request for access to a document must be addressed to the person in charge of access to documents within the Town and must clearly indicate the nature and object of the request. You may submit a written request, in person or by mail at the following address:

Annie Riendeau
Town Clerk and Director of Legal Affairs
Person in charge of access to documents
Town of Kirkland
17200 Hymus Boulevard
Kirkland (Québec) H9J 3Y8

You may also send your request by email to or use the online form below. The person in charge of access will then study the request and render a decision in writing.

Applicable delays

The person in charge of access has 20 days to render a decision and if necessary, has the possibility of extending the delay by an additional 10 days. If you do not receive a reply by that time or if your request is denied, you may appeal the decision to the Commission d’accès à l’information:

Commission d’accès à l’information
480, Saint-Laurent, Suite 501
Montreal (Quebec) H2Y 3Y7
Telephone: 514 873-4196


You may use the form* below to request access to documents or to your personal information. If you need help in identifying the document you are looking for or if you need information concerning the process, please contact the person in charge of access to documents.

A request must be sufficiently detailed to allow the person in charge to reply.

*By completing this form, I understand that the information contained herein will be accessible to any Town employee involved in processing the file. I consent freely and knowingly to have all the information I have provided to the Town retained in accordance with the required security standards and the Town's retention rules.

Protection of personal information

All requests for access to documents sent by email must be addressed to the Town Clerk and Legal Affairs Department at

INFO: 514 694-4100