Roads, sewers and aqueducts

Road Network Maintenance

Maintenance of the road network is carried out by our town employees. Maintenance includes the repair of potholes, sidewalks and curbs, replacement of road signs, construction of speed bumps to reduce excessive speed on our streets, etc.

Note that in accordance with Section 604.1 of the Cities and Towns Act, the municipality is not responsible for damages caused by the presence of an object on the road, pedestrian or bicycle path, nor is it responsible for damages to the tires or suspension of a vehicle caused by road conditions.

Water Main Network Maintenance

Twice a year, in the spring and in the fall, the town flushes its water main network to ensure better quality drinking water. These operations are done at night between the hours of 11:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m., from Sunday evening to Friday morning to limit any inconvenience to our residents.

Since flushing the system can cause cloudy water, it is recommended to ensure the water is clear before using it to wash or prepare foods. If your water is cloudy, let the cold water run in the bath tub until it becomes clear once again.

Cleaning Storm Water and Sanitation Sewers

Every year, the town entrusts the cleaning of its storm water and sanitation sewers, and road gutters to a company which specializes in this field. This work is done to ensure that the networks do not become overloaded, creating backflows in basements, and also to check that there are no malfunctions.

Street Lighting Maintenance

Street light maintenance is performed by an electrical contractor. This company is also responsible for park lighting, municipal buildings as well as town traffic lights.

If you notice a defective street light (deterioration, burnt light or an intermittent problem) you can report the issue via the Requests on Line system or by calling 514 630-2727. Please mention the street name where the defective street light is located, the closest street number as well as the identification number on the street light plate.

Do you have questions or wish to report a problem related to a road or water main network (roads, street lights, cloudy water, etc.)?

Do not hesitate to contact the Public Works Department at 514 630-2727 during opening hours or by sending your request online via the Requests on Line system.