Permits and certificates


During this health crisis caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Town of Kirkland would like to remind landscaping and lawn care professionnals that it is possible to make an online permit request.

Simply use the Request Online System to submit your request. All required documents to be attached must be scanned as photos of the documents will not be accepted. For all other requests, residents must contact the Urban Planning Department by email at

Is your contractor compliant?

Snow removal contractors

To avoid unpleasant surprises and headaches this winter, make sure the snow removal contractor you hire to clear your driveway is in compliance with municipal regulations. How can you tell? The sticker duly issued by the Town of Kirkland's Urban Planning Department for the current winter season, should be displayed on the snow removal vehicle's windshield. If this is not the case, find another contractor without delay!

General contractor

It is the citizens' responsibility to ensure that the general contractor hired for doing work on their property has the appropriate skills as well as a valid license duly issued by the Régie du bâtiment du Québec (RBQ) in his area of expertise.

You must also first ensure to obtain the necessary permits or certificates from the Town's Urban Planning Department before undertaking construction work on your property (renovations, installing fences, sheds, etc.). For a complete list of construction projects requiring a permit or certificate, visit the Interactive map of home-related By-laws.

For more information

To get more information on contractors or for permits and certificates, please contact the Urban Planning Department at 514 694-4100, Ext. 3137 or 3104.

Our inspectors will be pleased to give you all the information and advice you may need to ensure that the work is performed in a safe and compliant manner.

Permits and licenses (PerLE)

(available in French only)