Applying for a permit

Applying for a permit

If you are planning to do renovations of any kind this spring or summer, be sure to check beforehand whether you need a construction permit or a certificate of authorization.

Permit requests can be submitted in person at the Town Hall during regular business hours or online, using the Request Online System. All required documents to be attached must be scanned as photos of the documents will not be accepted.

Form and documents to produce:

A permit or certificate is required to cut down a tree and for most types of renovations, in particular to:

  • Install a fence
  • Install a swimming pool (inground or above-ground)
  • Install a spa
  • Install a heat pump
  • Install a garden shed
  • Install a temporary building
  • Install a sign
  • Replace a fireplace or a wood-burning appliance
  • Excavate the ground
  • Extend or redo a driveway
  • Build a balcony / deck
  • Build a patio
  • Extend, modify or build a structure
  • Move, repair or demolish a structure
  • Hold a garage sale
  • Hold a block party

*By completing this form, I understand that the information contained herein will be accessible to any Town employee involved in processing the file. I consent freely and knowingly to have all the information I have provided to the Town retained in accordance with the required security standards and the Town's retention rules.

For questions concerning permits, please contact: 

Urban Planning Department

[email protected]

514 694-4100